Your wedding venue will set the stage for your special day. If you want options for outdoor wedding venues, Duluth has a view. Pick a date to come check out the best the area has to offer. Access to metropolitan amenities, proximity to Lake Superior, and friendly faces combine to make our city a premier destination for both out-of-towners and long-term residents.
Here are 10 of the most visually stunning (and popular!) venues offering a unique perspective of the landscape:
- Northland Country Club. Located on the north side of the city, the Northland Country Club can accommodate 280 guests in its Grand Ballroom. Families don’t need to be members to book or use the space, and the venue offers two verandas overlooking the ballroom. Work with the culinary team and event coordinators on site to take care of every last detail.
- Spirit Mountain. Prefer a more adventurous venue? Spirit Mountain offers year-round wedding accommodations with a great view of the lake and St. Louis Bay. The venue invites wedding parties to use its banquet facility or the grounds outside for an uninhibited view of the surrounding area.
- Kitchi Gammi Club. Couples interested in history and architecture may prefer the Kitchi Gammi Club, a Duluth landmark that opened in 1914. In view of Lake Superior, the venue offers indoor and outdoor accommodations, experienced event planners, in-house catering, and four guest suites that the bridal party may use.
- Duluth Entertainment Convention Center. Located right on the edge of the harbor, the convention center is ideal for large weddings/receptions. Enjoy the in-house catering, spaces that can accommodate anywhere from 150-425 guests, and clear views of the water and surrounding landmarks.
- The Inn on Lake Superior. A true all-in-one venue, The Inn on Lake Superior offers lodging, catering, the Northern Lights Ballroom, and beautiful views of the lake and surrounding areas. Whether you need a place for your engagement party or your wedding and reception, this venue can accommodate small and large wedding-related events.
- Glenshen: The Historic Congdon Estate. Built between 1905 and 1908, this 39-room mansion is one of the most visited historic sites in the state. The lake-adjacent 7-acre estate offers beautiful grounds for an outdoor wedding as well as indoor rooms.
- Great Lakes Aquarium. For a different kind of view, check out the Great Lakes Aquarium. The venue offers indoor and outdoor accommodations for weddings and related events. The 24-foot water wall is a sight to behold. Rent part of the aquarium’s available space or the entire facility for a unique reception that will thrill your guests.
- Park Point Beach House. Wedding parties that already have décor and catering in mind will enjoy this beach house location on the sandy shores of Lake Superior. Run by the local YMCA, the beach house offers some amenities but leaves the majority of details in the bride and groom’s hands.
- Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods. Built in 1925, this venue provides a romantic backdrop for a luxurious wedding experience. In addition to the 3,780 square foot ballroom, the Black Woods venue also offers the use of the Moorish Room, the Black Water Lounge, the lobby, and more.
- Vista Fleet. Take your wedding onto the water with this floating wedding venue. Vista Fleet offers semi-private and private cruises with accommodations rivaling some of the best on-shore venues. Get away for a few hours with up to 220 guests, and see the lake from a different perspective.
Look back on your wedding day with fondness when you choose one of these venues with a view. Visit Duluth, and see why so many people celebrate their wedding days and anniversaries in this special city.
Ready to get out on the water? Book your wedding with Vista Fleet today!