COVID-19 Safety Plan
Let’s make Superior Memories!
At this time the Vista Fleet is sincerely looking forward to a May 1st start to our cruising season. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently taking this situation week by week and making educated decisions as this ever-changing pandemic evolves. We are intent on a May start date should all things go as planned according to the State of Minnesota ordinances.
Not Your Average Cruise Ship:
Vista Fleet would like to stress that our operation is NOT part of the Cruise Ship industry which has received much attention during this pandemic. The Cruise Ship industry operates worldwide, carries thousands of passengers at once, and frequents ports that see a high number of international travel. The Vista Fleet operates solely domestically within the Duluth/Superior area, with Duluth being our home port. According to the Passenger Vessel Association, as it pertains to domestic passenger vessels that specialize in day-excursions (like the Vista Fleet), there are no further heightened restrictions than that of shoreside businesses such as retail stores, restaurants, and hotels.
Our Commitment to You:
The crew at Vista Fleet fully understands your concerns and reservations concerning COVID-19 and we can assure you that all precautions are being taken to make your visit a safe and memorable experience for all.
We are revisiting our boat capacities to meet social distancing requirements, creating a robust vessel cleaning program and updating standard procedures, as well as enhanced safe food service measurements to meet the guidelines set in place by local and stage agencies.
Specifically, here is what we are doing to make your experience as safe as possible:
For Public Cruises:
- We ask that guests respect and adhere to social distancing practices while in our gift shop, standing in line to board, and while on board our vessels.
- As long as recommendations are in place by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, we will be reducing our capacity rates in accordance with those recommendations.
- We will also have set enforced capacities per deck to ensure comfortable social distancing while on board. Both of our vessels have outdoor open air seating as well.
- Our staff will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Digital thermometer temperature testing on all staff when they arrive to work.
- The City of Duluth requires a mask to be worn in public spaces.
The following categories are exempt from wearing face masks in public spaces:
- If you are actively eating or drinking
- Persons with medical conditions preventing them from wearing a mask
- Persons under the age of 10 years old
If you are not wearing a face mask, we will assume that it is due to one of the previously stated exemptions.
- During boarding, our crew will give guests the opportunity to use hand sanitizer prior to boarding the vessel.
- There are hand sanitizer stations available for use in public areas, both on board and in our gift shop.
- Extra signage is present to encourage guests to social distance when possible, wear a mask, use hand sanitizers and wash hands often.
- Encouraging guests who are at risk, are feeling ill, have experienced symptoms or have been around anyone exposed to COVID-19 to reschedule their tour to a later date.
- We have updated the training for our on board food program, requiring extra sanitary attention to handling food, beverages, etc.
- Our staff will sanitize and disinfect high-touch areas frequently (such as counters, tables, door handles, etc).
- We are adding deep and more frequent cleanings prior, during and after each cruise. We ask for your patience if our crew is taking a little extra time to sanitize the vessels prior to your boarding time.
- Last but not least, our friendly crew will be on hand to make sure that you have the best experience possible.
For Private Events:
In addition to our commitments demonstrated during public cruises:
- We will also be working directly with hosts of private events to ensure safe federal guidelines when booking, encouraging capacity requirements, as well as recommendations on reviewing guest lists to ensure Minnesota State best practices are being met.
- We are considered a small event venue by the CDC (Center for Disease Control) serving between 10-210 attendees on board, where the host typically knows guests involved.
From all of us here at the Vista Fleet, we cannot wait to host you on the water again. We want your trip to be safe and relaxing so you can experience this new perspective with the ones you love without worry.
Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any further questions or concerns – we are here to help, and sincerely look forward to a season of creating Superior Memories with you!
-The Crew at Vista Fleet